About Dr Amy Rashap
With a Ph.D. in cultural studies from the University of Pennsylvania, I have been immersing myself in stories for decades. I know how to use the English language as a potent tool to help you get your message across.
I also specialise in the public speaking needs of second-language English speakers, focusing on pronunciation and intonation.
- Public speaking and presentations: I’ve coached business executives, government officials, lecturers and students and have worked with individuals from Australia, Singapore, China, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, France, Spain, Myanmar and Taiwan.
- Teacher training: Work as a trainer with the TEFL Academy in Melbourne: teach intensive workshops to train adults to become ESL teachers. I’ve also written the curriculum and taught many of the classes to help pre-school teachers in Singapore improve their written and spoken English.
- Writing and editing: I’ve helped students and lecturers understand the gem of a story behind even the most complex academic papers.
- Books and articles: I’ve written and edited ESL textbooks and articles.
- English curriculum: I have written curricula that has been used by thousands of teachers.
I can help you become the master of the English language, and of your own story.
Feel free to call me at +61 401 702 350, or email me at email@example.com.
- Diaspora Action Australia
- Nurture Hope Australia
- MamaLand Hope for the Future Australia
- SisterWorks Australia
- SanMin Book Company (Taiwan)
CELTA- and TESOL-certified
teaching & coaching
- Australia coaching clients: Diaspora Action Australia, Refuge of Hope, Nurture Hope, SisterWorks
- Singapore: With 10+ years’ ESL teaching and coaching experience, I have taught public speaking, business English, academic writing and ESL at many schools in Singapore, including the Earth Observatory of Singapore, Nanyang Technological Institute and National University of Singapore
- Coached pre-school teachers, senior government officials and senior Singapore executives
- Taught in a rural Indian school for five months: instructed both students and teachers
- Primary author of a 3-book series Reading for Success, vols. 1-3
- “American Dream for Sale: Ethnic Images in Advertising” in the textbook A Short Prose Reader, published by McMillan, USA (now in the 13th edition)
- Articles in Singapore publications People Trends and Human Capital
- Wrote travel and lifestyle articles for the American Association of Singapore newsletter and for the book Living in Singapore: A Reference Guide